2000 Hyundai Sonata Repair Question
Replacing spark plugs on 2000 hyundai sonata
What is the best way to approach this ?
Yes, the easiest way to get to the plugs is by removing the upper intake (called an air surge tank). However, you can NOT reuse the gasket. Also, take pictures of everything before removal so you can see how things go back. Here's the procedure for removal:
AIR INTAKE SURGE TANK
1. Remove the air intake hose connected to the throttle body.
2. Remove the accelerator and cruise control cables.
3. Remove the engine coolant hose.
4. Remove the P.C.V. hose and brake booster vacuum hoses.
5. Disconnect the vacuum hose connections.
6. Remove the ISA, TIPS and ATS connector.
7. Remove the surge tank stay.
8. Remove the air intake surge tank and surge tank gasket.
1,762 answers provided
i would not refer this as a surge tank, this is more in line with a radiator surge tank , correct reference is a inlet plenum chamber or even just an inlet manifold, i do agree that taking a few pics or making notes as you go along is a big advantage, i still do this with something i have never work on and i have been doing this for 37 odd years.
26,884 answers provided