- ENTER A QUESTION OR SUBJECT AND CLICK SEARCH -WHERE ARE AND HOW DO I TEST THE IGNITION MODULE AND IGNITION RELAY ON A ?

2000 Hyundai Accent • 155,000 miles

Where are the ignition module and ignition relay on a 2000 Accent, and how do I test them?
Accentra

A scope is the best way to test it to it. Most people dont have scopes around to use as a tester.

What is the issue with the car at this point and what have you replaced?

Working on replacing headlight when on coil fried. Replaced coil packs and checked all fuses still no spark. Gettig fuel.

Accentra
Ok, you need to check compression as well. Make sure the timing belt is working and in time.
Look at all the grounds from the battery to the body and the the main cable to the transaxle.

It is not as easy as checking a relay as the computer is the ignition source for firing the plugs and coils. I suggest a shop to at least diag it correctly for you, then you can decide whether you can do the repair yourself or have them give you a bid.

Besides, what do you mean by fried? What happened to the coil?

While the key was in the "on" position, the headlight disconnected, no wires touching the car body, the number 2-3 coil started to smoke, and make a sizzling sound, this is where I immediately shut the car off, and disconnected the battery.

Accentra
Ok, so you replaced it and what happened?

If it did not start. Look at the fuses for the pcm, it may have blown a fuse for power but what concerns me is why the coil did that. It may be a failure of the pcm.