VEHICLE TOTALLY DIDN'T WORK AFTER CHANGING QUICK-STRUTS AND CLEANING BRAKES

2000 Honda Odyssey • 215,000 miles

I changed the Monroe Quick-Struts on my 2000 Honda Odyssey. I cleaned the front brakes; after removing the shoe and pads I sprayed it with brake cleaner and then spread Permatex synthetic lubricant on the back of the brake pads and in the cylinder, to stop squeak. The windshield was replaced in the same morning. It really rained the last half hour I was out there, but I thought everything had gone splendidly. When I turned on the car later it wouldn't pull forward and had a high idle. It didn't sound healthy. Then I couldn't go in reverse and when I applied the gas the spedometer went really high, like 40 mph instead of 5. I couldn't shift from neutral to park because it made a grinding sound. So I shut it off and put it in park after. Any advice would be appreciated.
Shawnweber

Did the electrics get wet? Did you touch the drive shafts at all, it sounds as if one of the drive shafts is not locked into the diff casing.

Mhpautos
During strut replacement one of the CV inner jint could have been dislodged.

It was the right front axle I dislodged. Thank you for your advice. This fell off after it got towed.

Shawnweber