KNOCK SENSOR

2000 Honda Odyssey • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 150,000 miles

The P0325 knock sensor circuit malfunction code is setting and after a few minutes the TCS light comes on.I found a red/yellow wire just behind the battery tray that had nearly or had been eaten in two by a squirl that had taken up residence under the hood. Because it was so close to the multi-wire plug I had to "jump" across the plug with the 18ga patch wire that I soldered and shrink wrapped. It had no effect on the codes being set. Do I need to replace the knock sensor? If so, according to my Haines manual, the upper intake plenum and fuel rail need to be removed to get to it. Is that intake plenum gasket reusable? Can I just loosen the fuel rail on the applicable side and move it enough to get the socket by to get to thr sensor?
Seasgokeyed

It calls for 4.6 hours to change it so it's going to require a lot of disassembly. You're going to have to verify the integrity of the wire back to the PCM before you decide to change the sensor.

Wrenchtech
Rodent usually like to chew the knock sensor wire, check the knock sensor wire just below the powersteering pump, if the wire is broken just replace the knock sensor wire harness. You can replace the knock sensor wire harness by removing the powersteering pump and some right tools.