2.5L COOLANT TEMP SENSOR AND SENDER, WHICH IS WHICH AND BANK LOCATION?

2000 Ford Ranger • 109,544 miles

Thermostat was stuck open, so replaced it and cleaned up sensors. Now forgot which is which, sensor with a cylinder tip - sender? Sensor with a pointed tip - sensor for pcm? Also need to know the bank location they sit on top of the plastic thermostat housing and which plug to connect, one has 4.5 volts and other has 10.5 volts to it. Could I have also damaged a sensor connecting the wrong plug to it?Thank you for your time and any help.
Joestorre

These electrical connectors shouldn't be interchangeable and the length of the wire should determine which sensor goes where.

Wrenchtech
The computer sensor will have a Gy/Rd and a Lg/Rd wires

Wrenchtech
I'm the third owner, and there's been a plug replaced both of orange color and both will fit each sensor.

Joestorre
I'm sorry wire colors explain, but was I right on the sensor identification? Also what are the bank locations. Thank you again for your replies.

Joestorre
The sending unit is usually the one that is smaller at the tip so most probably you got it in reverse. Ohmming them out should give you an idea, ECT very high resistance whereas the sending unit would have low resistance (ohms).