ENGINE KNOCKING/TICKING

2000 Ford Mustang • V8 2WD Automatic • 116,000 miles

I recently replaced the front wheel bearings, so I hadn't paid attention when this sound began to occur. Anyway, its more of tapping type of noise. I checked the oil, it appears fine. Could it be a loose spark plug, a lifter? It seems to be coming from the front of the engine. Its not noticeble when I'm in the car with the windows up. It taps faster when I rev the engine, even when I accelerate I can hear it if there is no traffic. I can get a video up if that will help.
Drawpdead21

Could be valve lifter problem-you sure it not the timing chain slapping around

Could be. Its coming from the front of the engine, to the left (if you're facing the car). Could it possibly be a rocker arm?

Drawpdead21
Also note, the car doesn't idle rough. It has ticked for awhile but nothing serious I was told. But now, its turned into a knocking/tapping sound. It sounds as if its coming from around the same area as where the first spark plug is at and the alternator.

Drawpdead21
Could be a piston slap/wrist pin, rod and main bearing

So I've noted it could be multiple things. I appreciate the help. I may have a mechanic check it out, bc I don't have the patience. Haha. One last question. I live a decent amount of miles from my friends shop. Would it be safe to drive 50+ miles? The sound is bad with higher load. I don't want to put more wear on what ever is failing, potentially causing damage to other parts.

Drawpdead21
Tow it there-bumper to bumper type or a flat bed-

Will do. Again, I greatly appreciate the advice and quick responses!

Drawpdead21
You're welcomed