CAR STUDDERS WHEN START IT AFTER 10 MINUTES WHEN IM DONE DRIVING IT

2000 Ford Focus • 109,200 miles

I have a 2000 ford focus lx. I start my car and it runs fine, but after driving it for like 15 or 20 minutes, shutting the car off, and then start it again after like 10 minutes, it studders and shakes for like 10 seconds. It goes away when I rev it, it runs fine after I rev it when it does that
Chrisfortner

Check fuel pressure.

How long since your last tune up?

My mechanic plugged in a code scanner and fuel pressure seemed fine

Chrisfortner
I recently had teh wheel bearing hub changed, cv joint changed, ignition wires and ignition coil changed and gas cleaner added a few months ago

Chrisfortner
And spark plugs changed

Chrisfortner
Seems the idle control system is not working correctly. During startup, the IAC is supposed to increase the idling speed before settling down and this is not happening. Clean the throttle body and IAC and retest.

Ok, also when I rev my car when it runs fine, when the rpm goes down, the exhaust starts shooting out a ton of air, for like 30 seconds, u can hear it, but then goes away. Sometimes water starts spitting out the exhaust

Chrisfortner
I meant to say it starts shooting out a ton of air for like 3 seconds, u can hear it, is that normal? Because when my car is running, it doesnt shoot out a ton of air, only when I rev it and the rpm goes down

Chrisfortner
If the cold start is working correctly the rpm would be higher than idling speed and that is normal. If the problem is intermittent and not on every occsion that you start up, I would still suggest checking/cleaning the idle controls.

Ok, also when I go over bumps, like up a driveway hill or something like that, the car creaks. I think its the bushings? I just had teh struts done

Chrisfortner
Creaks can be from bushings, especially if they are worn. Other possible causes are ball joints of suspension armas or steering linkages.

If problem was not there prior to struts replacement, recheck the work done. Something could be out of place or not correctly torqued.