2000 Ford F-150 • V8 4WD Automatic •

My 2000 Ford F150 wont start. I drove it into town and it ran fine but when I tried to start it again It would not try to start at all, after thirty minutes or so it fired right up like nothing was wrong and ran fine all the way home but would not start again. The battery is fine, the accessories work but it wont turn over.I cleaned the battery post, checked the connections at the starter. And tapped on the starter some, but nothing changed. Latter I went out and tried it again and it fired right up a couple of times so I went to finish some more errands but it would not start again when I came out of the store. I disconnected the battery and let it set for two hours and tried it again but it wont try to start. What can I do to find out what to fix.

Sounds like you need to start at the ignition switch-You sure its not a security issue-if not Do below

Next time it refuses to start don't wait for it to make up its mind-do below immediately to determine if its fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs,coil's resistances,cap and rotor,distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing