CHANGE FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR

2000 Ford Contour • 6 cylinder FWD •

I have a 2000 with a 2.5 V6. Where is the fuel pressure regulator located. Its not under the plittume
Redroadrunner27958

It's under the upper intake manifold I posted the instruction's on how to replace it and a diagram showing it on the engine.
REMOVAL

CAUTION: Do not smoke or carry lighted tobacco or open flame of any type when working on or near any fuel related components. Highly flammable vapors are always present and may ignite. Failure to follow these instructions will result in personal injury.

1. Relieve the fuel pressure.
2. Remove the upper intake manifold. For additional information, refer to Engine.

3. Disconnect the vacuum line.

4. Remove the fuel pressure regulator and the screws.

O Discard the return seal and the O-rings.

INSTALLATION

1. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

O Lubricate the fuel pressure regulator O-ring seals with clean engine oil, XO-10W30-QSP or DSP or equivalent meeting Ford specification ESE-M2C-153-E, to aid installation.

CAUTION: Install the fuel pressure regulator outlet tube into the fuel rail carefully to avoid damaging the seal.

NOTE: Install new fuel pressure O-ring seals.