MY CAR WONT START WITHOUT A JUMPSTART. THE MAN AT AUTOZONE SIAD MY BATTERY WAS FULLY CHARGED. AND MY CAR RUNS AFTER THE JUMP WITHOUT THE BATTERY CONNECTED. WHAT COULD BE THE ISSUE?

2000 Dodge 600

It started from a light being left on for at least 6 hours. I got a jump start to get home. I took the battery to autozone and was told it was 100% charged and it could possibly be the alternator. However I got a jumpstart and when my truck was running I disconnected the battery and it stayed running

Warnerkevin

If the battery is fully charged, there shouldn't be a problem with alternator. With the vehicle electronics, engine running, it's not a good idea to disconnect battery. If your saying the vehicle won't crank without a jump, check voltage at starter circuit, no jumper. Any testing, make sure the tranny is in park or neutral and the e-brake is set.

Well when I drive after im being jump started, the batrtery gauge jumps up and the check gauge light comes on. I just got off the phone and the man at auto zone suggested that the alternator was overcharging the battery

Warnerkevin
Use a digital multimeter across battery posts, everything off, take a reading. You said they checked your battery was it overcharged? I want to see the voltage reading.