CHRYSLER CONCORDE ENGINE PROBLEM

2000 Chrysler Concorde • 117,000 miles

Hello, I have a 2000 Chrysler Concorde with a 2.7 engine that has a top end tapping.I previous experienced this same problem with the previous 2.7 I replaced with this one.I tried to repair the previous 2.7 by replacing 8 lifters toward the front of the engine, 4 on each head where it sounded like the tapping was coming from, I first soaked the lifters in oil for 48 hrs. Before I installed them. Started the engine and it sounded like no oil was pumping trough them at all.
How can this problem be fixed and what did I do wrong?
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

The problem likely isn't the lash adjusters. It's the lack of oil getting to them. Soaking them doesn't do anything. They have to be pumped to expel the air. That only takes a few seconds in the engine.

I'd start by checking the oil pressure with a mechanical gauge. Chrysler built a lot of really tough and durable engines over the years. The 2.7L isn't one of them. If the oil pressure is low, suspect worn connecting rod and crankshaft bearings. You may be able to replace them and save the crankshaft. With excessive clearance, all the oil goes out by those bearings leaving little to go to the cylinder heads.