CHEVY HEATER BLOWING COLD AIR??

2000 Chevrolet S-10 • 37,000 miles

New thermostat, radiator full, upper radiator hose hot, A/C seems to b cold. Any ideas?
Tonybum13

Heater hoses hot? Move the temp control selector around and see if the cables to the blend doors are moving properly on the airbox (under the dash). Listen for the blend doors moving inside the box.

Rivermikerat
Heater hoses not hot, little warm, can hear change n box when changing temp? Core bad or maybe plugged?

Tonybum13
Is there a valve near the bulkhead before the core? If so, my guess would be it. If not, the core.

Rivermikerat
Not exactly sure what a bulkhead is, would it b n engine compartment on firewall or n/under dash?

Tonybum13
Ah-ah-ah. Naughty naughty. Firewall is no longer a legal word to use in conjunction with automobiles since they don't stop fire, or really even slow then down. It is now, legally, a bulkhead. Us old fogies know it and love it (hate it?) As a firewall.

But, yeah, that metal wall separating passenger and engine compartments. If it has a heater control valve, it should be just inside the engine compartment on one of the heater hoses.

Rivermikerat
Well no valve, so im looking at the core right? Would flushing it maybe help, its not driven a whole lot as u can tell by the mileage?

Tonybum13
It should. Use something like Prestone, drain it, then use pressurized water to flush it.

Rivermikerat
I'll give it a shot flushing it, thank u very much for your time and advice, hope this works, thanks again!

Tonybum13
Have a safe and happy new year!

Rivermikerat