COOLANT LEAKAGE.

2000 Chevrolet Blazer • 150,000 miles

I Have 2000 4.3 liter v6 Chevrolet blazer with some issues. I have changed the thermostat, water pump, and radiator. The radiator I got used so it is leaking from the radiator. The cooling system seems to hold pressure, but the temperature gauge indicates its overheats fast. There is alot of sludge in my radiator reservoir, and when running the coolant will overflow fast with the cap off. It also bubbles out the radiator. There is no milky substance under the oil cap or in the oil to indicate blown head gasket, but it does lose coolant very fast and overheat fast.
Goodfella247

Have coolant system pressure checked, the sludge in coolanttank is probably form oil in coolant

I had a pressure test done about 3 weeks ago and the mechanic told me it was a leak from water pump, so I replaced it. I also bi passed the heater core cause I thought it was leaking from there, that hose broke as well. The symptoms the truck is showing to me is something internal with the engine which I really hope not, but thank you for your help. Truck gets another pressure test done Thursday.

Goodfella247
If it'snot a head gasket it's a cracked head or something similar. It could beoverheating fast due to the reaidator, cuase if it leaks it may be plugged as well. Check for cold spots on radiator if ther eis pitch it.

Na when it heats up the radiator gets super hot and the hoses get really hard. When I first start it with the cap off the radiator coolant will overflow, so I put the cap back on. Then about 5 or 10 minutes after the temperature rises fast, and it sounds like a slight squeak/knock in the engine that dont sound good.

Goodfella247
Check for cold spots on rad if there is the rad isn't any good at all it's plugged. Have a pro look at this locally