ELECTRIC WINDOW

2000 Chevrolet Astro

Chevy astro van drivers side window went down but won't come back up. While checking it the window would sometimes move up an inch but no further
Steve Z.

Probably the window motor. When you try to operate the window, does the power window circuit breaker get hot to the touch?

JDL, thanx for replying so quickly. It's obviously Saturday & my choices are slim. If it's not the motor what connection(s) can I make, following your schematic, to get the window back up? This is my personal work vehicle & is full of tools & equipment. I need to lock it tonite.

Steve X.

Steve Z.
If the other windows work ok from the master switch. I don't know anything you can do except remove the door panel. Have a helper hold the glass while you remove the window motor, position the window in the up position, replace the window motor, the gears for the window motor should hold the window up. Other than that, I don't know.

Just a thought, park the vehicle so the driver side door is close enough to a building or something so nobody can gain access to your vehicle through that window.

Earlier today I had called my mechanic to ask him for some ideas. I & my family have been taking cars to him for more than 25 years & I've been servicing his phones etc for 15. That gets me a home number. I had tried some of his suggestions while waiting for replies on this forum to no avail. He called me back to check on me & offered to meet me at his shop & lock my van inside until Monday. As soon as I got there I "showed" him what it was doing & the $%^& window went up. We messed about a bit, jumpering power directly to the motor & have determined that its in the switch. Thanx to all who responded or may yet respond.

Steve Z.

Steve Z.
Glad you got it going your way.