FUSE 13 BURN ALL THE TIME

2000 Cadillac Deville • 130,000 miles

In my Deville 2000, fuse #13 blow all the time. I checked that there is 12v from the DIM To one side of the fuse, I checked the license plate lights, and all o.K., No shortage or cuts in the wires.
Where can I look that can cause the fuse to burn?
Effi lahav

You need a wiring/fuse path diagram.

Fixitmr
Thats what I have, but I realy dont know, were to get from here.

Effi lahav
Well, it looks like DIM and multi switch are on same fuse.

Fixitmr
The DIM and multi switch are on fuse #13, thats blows. The DIM output (to the the fuse) is 12v which O.K. What units do I need to look for shortedg?

Effi lahav
Unplug both items and replace fuse. Plug back in to see which is offender

Fixitmr
Which unit is the "multi switch" ?

Effi lahav
Its your steering column turn stalk(and more).

Fixitmr
Yes it is. No problem. ?

Effi lahav
You lost me. Diagram shows 3 possible end points for voltage from fuse. 1 of them must be causing short. Have you found which 1?

Fixitmr
What I understand (and it’s not much, since I know very little about electrical). I can see: 1. DIM that provide the 12v to the fuse (so it cannot be shortage)
2. The Turn signal which works o.K. (Unless it can be short but I don’t know how to check)
3. The 2 license lights that also works o.K. (Unless it can be short but I don’t know how to check)

It’s possible that I think its all wrong, Can you please direct me how to check the 3 of them for short? (I defiantly can check for short)

Effi lahav
Page 1 of 7