FAN BLOWER

2000 BMW 528 • 6 cylinder Manual • 80,000 miles

When you speak of an ear/tab. Is this black plastic or metal like a spring clip? Is it at the top, bottom, left or right, from the plug? There was a little scissor spring that popped out and fell into the duct below. (Which I will have to use a magnet or vacuum it out.)

Also, if I use a mirror because the visibility and location of the Final Stage Unit is so bad, I can see a
black plastic arm held by a brass Phillip's screw. I have not been able to remove this screw due to its location. It looks like the only way to get at it would be to remove the lower half of the air duct. I'd like to avoid doing so. Anyway, this black plastic arm looks to be supporting the bottom left of the FSU. I really can't tell for sure.

Any more help would be appreciated. Thank You Again,

Ed Lubowiecki
Lubolink

It is plastic and it is at the top edge. After the undertray is removed and the carpet trrm is out of the way, there is a pretty good view of the FSU. This is a fifteen minute job at most and the tray and carpet trim is the only thing that needs to be removed. I am at a loss to know what the spring you mentioned is.

Dr. Hagerty