PULLEY

1999 Toyota Corolla

1999 Toyota Corolla 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 140000 miles

99 Corolla 1.8. Pulley fell off and I cant identify it by name. It's not the idler pulley, this I know for shure. Farthest pulley toward the rear with gear teeth visible against the motor.
PLZ help.
Samham

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/108325_belt_routing_corolla_1.jpg

Starting at balancer moving right:

AC compressor, above it is WP, above is alt., moving to left is PS pump, idler pulley/belt tensioner, and back down to balancer.

Mmprince4000
Thank you so much for your response, however, your diagram and description does not name my missing pulley. It is the one at the far left in the diagram.

Samham
Far left is Power Steering (PS).

Mmprince4000
It is highly unususal for any pulley to fall off, especially the PS.

Most likely the bearing in pump is bad. Did you hear any screaching sound when pulley went?

Mmprince4000
My 16 year old daughter was driving it when it happened so I don't know but tou can spin the remaining threaded shaft very freely.

Samham
Take old pump off, disconnect pressure and return lines and go to autoparts store for remanufactured unit, use old pump to cover core charge and to compare against reman'ed unit to make sure you are getting correct pump.

Give them year, make, model and 8th digit of VIN for correct engine.

If you do not intend to do work yourself, then have Toyota or trusted garage do it.

Mmprince4000
Thanks for all your help.

Samham
Your welcome and thanks for using 2carpros.

Mmprince4000
I guess I'm a little confused. The above is not my question. My question is: 1999 corolla: Need help on idler pulley installation and diagrahm of serpentine belt. Also, are there two pulleys?

BOYZSR10S
You can refer to above diagram for the serpentine belt routing.

The autotensioner is at center rear whereas the front center is the idler pulley.