HOW DO I CHANGE THE AIR FILTER?

1999 Toyota Camry • 97,500 miles

Hi everyone,

I want to do some of the maintenance on my 1999 camry. Obviously, it is old. I do change the oil myself and did plugs, points etc when I was a lot younger.

Videos and other research states that I need to compress the flexible air tube on my car to remove the air filter cover. However, my car does not have a flexible air tube.

I don't know why. I reviewed my dealer service receipts and there is no item listed aboutreplacing that air tube. Plus, why would they do it when the replacement part is flexible.

Any help appreciated

ctraider
Raiderfan

There is no reason to replace the air intake tube unless it is damaged. If you follow the air tube from the intake back, it will lead you to the air box. Unclip the cover and remove the old filter and replace it.

Let me know if you have other questions. Also, there is no reason to compress the air intake tube.