SATURN SL2 SENSOR PROBLEM

1999 Saturn SL2 • 118,321 miles

I need to know what kind of tool I need to use to removed the temperature sensor from my car I bolived that is not good becouse the fan is not turning on I can see the temperature gauge from the interior but I dont see the fan that is not working so please my question is based on the information that iam gave to you is if my temperature sensor is done and if I need to replaced what part I need to remove to put a new one thankyou
Saturnsl299

The intake tube the connector and a 13mm deep socket with small extension. The fan comes on when the temp sensor is reading just above half way. How high is the temp sensor reading

Just to be and the safe spot the temp the my car is reading less than half way down but today I had my car running for almost 17 minex and I have not see the fan come on I was worry becouse the water gallon where I keep the extra water that run from the radiator to the gallon was leaking water from the top water lid and I turn off the ingen that is why I was thinking that my temp sensor is out something is no right I disconect the temp wire from the conector and I still looking the temp gaugage less than half way but the fan never did come on that is why I looking for help to see if I need to replace this temp sensor based on the info that iam giving you today buy the way the water gallon was leaking becouse I over fill the gallon thank you

Saturnsl299
If its leaking from the cap you have a bad cap and or bad sensor if you disconnect the sensor jt will still read bellow half way on that car. The sensors have a high failure rate I would just replace the sensor there cheap. Also inspect the inside of the connector if the terminals are blue or green instead of silver you will need a new connector also. Does your ac work?If it does does when turning the ac on does the radiator fan come ac?