WARNING OIL LIGHT ON

1999 SAAB 9-5 • 4 cylinder • 170,000 miles

OIL WARNING LIGHT ON AFTER DRIVING 10 MILES WHEN I BREAK. ENGINE OIL IS FULL AND NEW (IS OK)
(NO LEAKS)
DIEGOSAAB

Check the oil pressure with a mechanical gauge, if normal replace the oil pressure switch. If abnormal could mean oil pump and engine bearings

YOU WILL NEED, NOTE I SAID WILL NEED TO DROP OIL PAN FOR THIS REPAIR, AFTER DROPPING OIL PAN CHECK FOR SLUDGE IF ANY CLEAN & ALSO REMOVE & CLEAN OIL PICK UP SCREEN FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN, TO CLEAN SLUDGE GET YOUSELF A GOOD OVEN CLEANER OR 2, I FOUND OUT THAT THESE WORKS BETTER THAN DEGREASERS. SPRAY & LET SIT FOR A FEW, USE A VERY HIGH PRESSURE HOSE TO REMOVE SLUDGE THEN SHOP AIR TO DRY, IF DONE RIGHT ENGINE SHOULD LOOK LIKE NEW INSIDE. WHILE THERE U CAN REMOVE A PISTON ROD CAP & CHECK BEARING CONDITION. THAT IS ALL UP TO U. BY THE WAY DID U HEAR ENGINE RATTLE ANY WHILE THE OIL LIGHT CAME ON?

Mnthny4