DIES WHEN WARNS UP..

1999 Pontiac Grand Am • 3.4L 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 200,000 miles

My car dies when it gets warmed up (no, it's not overheating). When it gets up to normal operating temperature for a few minutes it dies and will sometimes start back up and sometimes it won't. I checked for spark when it won't start back up and it has no spark. Hitting a bump and being at a low RPM seems to really make it want to die. I've replaced the ignition control module, 24x crankshaft position sensor, and tried replacing the camshaft position sensor and I can't get it to slide up out of the block (it's right under the power steering pump). I can't figure this out. Any help appreciated!
CGienapp1

On some of these you'll have to loosen/remove the power steering pump.

Also check all of the wiring to the ignition control module.

Freemba
I replaced the ignition control module and it did not fix my problem. I will take a look at the wires though. And I also replaced the crankshaft position sensor behind the harmonic balancer and that didn't fix it either. There is another crankshaft position sensor behind the block and a friend tested it with a volt meter and thought it was okay. I took the power steering pump off to replace the camshaft position sensor (the car is throwing a camshaft code read error) and took the bolt that holds the sensor down out. It will wiggle up and down but wouldn't pull out. It almost seems like the lower manifold is overlapping the sensor not allowing it to come out but nowhere online when reading instructions on how to change the sensor has it said anything about that. I really can't afford the shop and need to get my car going. Like yesterday. Thanks for the help in advance!

CGienapp1
The sensor has a rubber O-ring on it so it will be a little tight coming out. Also, considering a build up of residue from the engine oil it can be a bit of a fight. Twist and pull upwards, then push it back down, then twist and pull upwards again. Repeat until its free. Also a little carb/choke cleaner will aid in your efforts.

Freemba
Okay I will do that tomorrow after work and get back with you. My mom's friend helped me with taking the motor mount bolts off so the power steering pump could come off and he was so confident the top half of the motor had to come off he told me to go buy oil, antifreeze, gaskets, etc. It's not at all possible that manifold is blocking it right?

CGienapp1
You can kinda see the lip/flat side on this sensor. That's basically what it looks like. I hope that's not keeping it from clearing everything on it's way out.

CGienapp1
I have a couple of 3.4 liter and 3.1 liter engines and have changed many on other vehicles with these engines. The manifold does not hold these things in. It just a matter of twisting and pulling up then down and repeat until it comes out.

Freemba