WATER LEAK FROM ENGINE.

1999 Plymouth Voyager • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 134,569 miles

1999 Plymouth Voyager Van- Was leaking water from a hose near the top (Small leak). I did not have funds to fix that problem since I'm unemployed. The temperature dropped to 25 overnight and the remaining water froze inside the vehicle. I poured lukewarm water over the radiator and engine in an effort to SLOWLY melt the water inside. After about 20 minutes of doing that I filled up the radiator with warm water. I started the engine and allowed 10min for the vehicle to warm up. Drove the van about 1.5 miles when the engine heated up suddenly. I stopped and refilled the radiator once more except now all the water I put in leaked in real time from somewhere in the middle of the engine (I could not locate the source of the leak). What could be a possible diagnosis and best course of action outside of a mechanic shop?
Carlmex360

It sounds like you might be describing the water pump bypass hose which is kind of buried behind the distributor. Coolant will run down into the "V" of the engine block where the water pump tube runs to the driver's side. From there it will run out over the top of the transmission. It takes a little while to replace that hose but it's not impossible. I did mine a few years ago. Get the correct molded hose from an auto parts store. Bulk hose is hard to find in the correct diameter and it will want to kink.