IS IT THE FUEL PUMP?

1999 Plymouth Voyager • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 169,031 miles

The engine keep dying everytime I startmy 1999 plymouth voyager the vac keeps coming lose and the engine would die after it comes off
Drewmills89

"voyager the vac keeps coming lose"

What is a "vac" and why do you think it's related to the fuel pump?

Thats what it said on the piece thats connected to the engine.I dont think its part of the fuel pump I just put that cause I couldnt find anything else to put.

Drewmills89
Any chance you could post a photo of that part? It sounds like you're describing a vacuum hose that is becoming detached. Normally that will cause the engine speed to increase but power will not. It can lead to stalling too.

I'll be out-of-town for a few hours and will check for your reply tonight. Don't want you to think I'm ignoring you.

Does it cause it to idle rough for a few seconds then stall?

Drewmills89
Does what cause it to idle rough?

The vacuum hose?

Drewmills89
Possibly. It all depends on what that hose is for. If it affects the MAP sensor which measures engine vacuum, that one has the biggest say in how much fuel enters the engine.

It does has a sensor on it

Drewmills89