AC & OVERHEATING

1999 Nissan Quest

If I on the ac for both the front and back compartments the car wld overheat but if its just the front compartment everything is ok. What can cause the overheating when I on the ac in the two compartments?Mpartment everything is ok. What can cause the overheating when I on the ac in the two compartments?
Emmayo

That's not really possible. The only thing you are adding with the rear is the minor electrical load of the fan. There has to be some other cause of the overheating. I would start by pressure testing the cooling system to see if it holds pressure and has any leaks.

Wrenchtech
Thanks so much

Emmayo
@wrenchtech. Pls whats the implication of attaching the radiator fan directly to the battery terminal in such a way that it starts working as soon as the ignition is switched on

Emmayo
The fan already comes on whenever the A/C is on. That's not the way you fix an overheating problem. That would effect fuel mixture and run a high risk of electrical damage and fire in the vehicle.

Wrenchtech

Emmayo