STARTING ENGINE

1999 Nissan Gloria • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 200,000 miles

What is the problem if the engine doesn't start from first time? The electricity is OK, Fuel pump changed, battery is ok. Early morning I can start ti once but then if I parked it for more than 1 hours will never start emmediately. It needs 3 or 4 time to start. Also I can smell some fuel after starting it.
Ali Al Sulti

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.