ENGINE NOISE

1999 Nissan Altima • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 174,429 miles

I have a 99 nissan altima. This car used to be fine when I bought it.
after 3 months a hose started leaking and the antifreeze also started leaking, after fixing that problem and also replacing other parts such as the water pump and head gasket, the engine started making a grinding/ratting noise and the temperature gauge starts going all over the place,
the car does not overheat or anything but just to make sure I got the thermostat changed, and that didn't work.
The oil and Check engine light are on.
Right now the engine makes a grinding/clicking/ noises, its so loud that everyone turns around to see what's happening with my car.I don't know what to do.I can't spend more money on this car. Could anyone tell me what could be wrong with my car. Any help is appreciated
Fueledbyalx

If the check engine light is on, take it to a nationally recognized parts store and have the scan the computer. Most will do it for free. They should be able to tell you what the code is and that should lead you to the problem.