99 -FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR

1999 Mercury Sable • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 115,000 miles

I have a 99 Mercury Sable that needs to have the fuel pressure regulator replaced. I can see where the part is, but I'm not exactly sure how to go about it. I was told by someone that I needed to relieve the fuel pressure before trying to replace the part, and I know how to do that. But I'm not sure if there is anything else that needs to be done or disconnected. Any direction would be helpful.I do know that there are 2 different regulators. One for a dual overhead, and one for a single. I can find plenty of instructions online for the dual, but I have the single. I just want to make sure that it is basically the same process before I remove anything.

Thank you!
Undrgrace3

Thank you, that looks very similar to what I have, just a different sort of clasp that holds that regulator in place. I appreciate the help. I Googled like crazy for instructions, but didn't think to check Youtube.

Undrgrace3
Yeah, when I moved into this house

Some previous goofus had no clue about setting the springs on the garage door (I had no clue either, 'course I did not have instructions as he probably did)

I could tell the door opener motor was "Laboring" to lift it, but until we lost power, and I had to unlock it and manually raise it, I did not realize how much labor.

As I lifted, it Exponentially got heavier, it was all I could do to hold it over my head, while my wife jammed something in the sides. (He had locked the springs down, at "Zero", with the door down, with absolutely no "Lift Assistance")

She called a Garage door man the next day, He wanted $250 to adjust it. Riiiiiiiggghhhhtttt!

That's when I typed in "How to adjust garage door springs", I watched 4 videos, the last was exactly the same set-up as mine, made by a novice. Took me 1 hour to make 2 tools out of tire irons and fully adjust it!

Works like a dream!

I now Surf around the "How To's" alot!

Let me know how/ when, you finally "Getter Done"

Good Luck!

The Medic

Lol I'll have to use the Youtube option more often. I don't know a thing about cars, and I took this one somewhere to find out why my check engine light was on. They came back and said the fuel pressure regulator, and said the part was $200 and labor was $80. I found the part for $30, and if it's as easy as it looks, it so isn't worth $80 in labor!

It's amazing how much people will charge for such little work. Sounds like you got lucky figuring out how to do the garage door on your own. Definitely saved some money! Lol

Thanks again for your help, I'll let you know how it goes once I get the part.

Undrgrace3