SHAKES VIOLENTLY AT IDLE

1999 Honda Civic • 170,000 miles

I cleaned my 99civic throttle body yesterday went to turn the car on ran fine took it out to test it and when I would come to a stop or idle it shakes very violently. Would appreciated any info or answers from you guys thanks!
HondaDx

Make sure your air duct is hooked up properly and all electrical connections are hooked up. See if you have knocked a vacuum line off someplace.

What is the idling speed after warming up?

Did you try adjusting the idle speed?

Where is the idle speed located or is that? There was some screw on top of the or side of the throttle body I took it off and put it back I dont know if its suppose to be tighten to specification. Will check all the vacuum lines tomorrow and keep you guys updated. THANKS ALOT!

HondaDx
Ok did some research and found out that I have to adjust the idle screw like you said KHLow. Thanks but do you know where I can find the right specs for it?

HondaDx
There are 6 different engines and you need to know which it is. Most are in the 700-800 rpm range though

Thanks man I have a D16y7 tranny and engine. Where can I go beyond to finding the right specs for it?

HondaDx
IDLE SPEED (CIVIC D16Y8 A/T & D16Y7 A/T ENGINES)

NOTE: Manufacturer recommends using an OBD II scan tool to check and adjust idle speed. If an OBD II scan tool is not available,  use the following procedures.

Step "A"

1. Ensure IAC valve is connected. Ensure MIL has not indicated a fault,  timing is correct,  spark plugs and air cleaner are okay,  and PCV system is operating properly. Connect tachometer.
2. Set parking brake. Start engine and run at 3000 RPM with no electrical loads (headlights,  blower motor,  rear defogger,  A/C and cooling fan off) and transmission in Park or Neutral. When radiator cooling fan
comes on,  allow engine to idle. Check idle speed with no electrical loads. See IDLE SPEED SPECIFICATIONS (CIVIC D16Y8 A/T & D16Y7 A/T ENGINES) table.
3. If idle speed is as specified,  go to STEP "B". If idle speed is not as specified,  remove idle adjusting screw cap located on top of throttle body. If air cleaner is removed to gain access to adjusting screw,  DO
NOT disconnect Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor valve 2 pin connector. Turn idle adjusting screw in 1/2 turn increments,  until idle speed is as specified. See IDLE SPEED SPECIFICATIONS (CIVIC
D16Y8 A/T & D16Y7 A/T ENGINES) table. Recheck idle speed after each 1/2 turn. After adjustment,  go to STEP "B".

Step "B"

Allow engine to idle with blower motor on high speed and A/C on. Check engine idle speed after one minute. DO NOT adjust idle speed with A/C on. If idle speed is not as specified,  go to TROUBLE SHOOTING
NO CODES article.

IDLE SPEED SPECIFICATIONS (CIVIC D16Y8 A/T & D16Y7 A/T ENGINES)
Application RPM Step "A" RPM Step "B" RPM
D16Y7 A/T & D16Y8 A/T (1) 650 750 760 860
D16Y7 M/T (1) 620 720 760 860
D16Y7 & D16Y8 (2) 700 800 760 860
(1) Specification for USA models.

(2) Specification for Canadian models.