HONDA CIVIC ENGINE PROBLEM

1998 Honda Civic • 255,000 miles

This week I noticed an anitfreeze leak directly located under the center of where my engine sits, the next day my check engine light was on and while driving it would occasionally chug, more so at an idle or low gears or reverse. I topped up the anitfreeze and put antifreeze stop leak in it and also put gas line antifreeze into the tank. The following day the chugging seemed to have stopped and the check engine light was now off.
The next day I took the car in for a throttle body cleaning and an oil change. My air filter was fine and did not need to be replaced. I drove the car around fine for most of the day then as I took it out unto the highway she started heavily chugging, the engine light started flashing and as I pulled her over the oil and battery lights came on and I completely lost all power and steering.
The starter is firing and battery seems fine as all the lights radio etc were still working fine.
What can the problem be? Please help Im a single mom.
MichelleDGraves

You first need to get a scan done and identify the codes set in the ECU as indicated by the check light, also a cooling system pressure test to identify the external coolant leak, do not use stop leak products as they often do more damage than good.

Mhpautos
Thanks I asked the mechanic to read the last check engine light problem today while he had it in and he said it would show the last code, obviously they didnt do that. Im thinking its the O2 sensor or the fuel pump/filter?

MichelleDGraves
Do not presume anything, when the light comes on again get it read and reported here.

Mhpautos
Ok I can do that thank you very much. Ill have an answer for you by tomorrow at noon

MichelleDGraves