DASHBOARDS LIGHTS, A/C LIGHTS AND P, N, R, D GEAR LIGHTS DO NOT WORK.

1999 Honda Civic • 162,000 miles

Hey there,

I'm not really car savvy so I'll try to explain this as best as I can.

A few months back my aftermarket stereo had been cutting in and out (turns out a wire or two that I mickey moused came loose). Without knowing, I connected a ground wire. Later in the day my car battery died (due to leaving headlights on while in class). Had it jumped and everything seemed fine again. However I noticed that my dash cluster, AC unit, and gear shifting lights became extremely dim and eventuallly burned out completely.I brought my car to a stereo shop that told me to wire off the ground wire and not connect, having it connected kept blowing the 7.5Amp fuse for the Instrument Panel as soon as quickly as I could replace it. After replacing the fuse (and it successfully not shorting out to this day), the dash lights, AC lights and gear shift lights still do not work after replacing all fuses. I've gone as far as replacing the bulbs in my dash cluster and still nothing. I have a multimeter but am unsure how, what or where I'm trying to find the source of the problem. Any advice would be extremely appreciated!

Thank you in advance,
Kevin

1999 Honda Civic LX
Kkunert

Have a pro look at this sounds like you wired the radio to the dash lights or put your ground to it.

The OEM radio has a system whereby the lighting uses 2 wires and with an after market radio, the system has been disrupted therefore the interior illuminations lights would not work corectly.