I HAVE A THAT CRANKS UP & RUNS, BUT WHEN YOU PRESS THE GAS IT BOGS DOWN & SHUTS OFF.

1999 Honda Accord • 232,341 miles

I just changed the intake gasket set on a 1999 Honda Accord EX, the motor is a 2.3L4 I also replaced the sparkplug wires & sparkplugs with what it called for which is NGK & gapped them at.044. I changed vavle cover gasket, oil, & also added antifreeze. When I cranked it up it ran at about 900rpm & when you press the gas slowly it idles up to about 2000rpm & then bogs down & shuts off. So I went ahead & replaced the egr valve & it still does the same thing. I took the spark plugs out & checked them & they was a smutty black color on them. This is the second set of spark plugs that look like that. I undone the exaust pipe from the manifold & dropped it down thinking the converter was clogged up because it popped up a code saying the converter was effienency & then a undenified code which was P1259 before I even worked on it & it still does the same thing. Before I dropped the exhaust down, it had no pressure coming out the exhaust & was sucking in air more than blowing it out the exhaust. It has two o2sensors on it, 1 at the exhaust manifold & 1 on the converter. I dont know what is wrong. Is it possible it jumped time, it looks like the stock timing belt on it. Please help.
Mmc2011lm

Check the fuel pressure if its witin specs and then comeback with the readings-start here

Get a engine vacuum reading @ idle let me know how maney inch if vacuum you have.

Djcl
Can I pick up a fuel pressure tester @ a vacuum tester at a autoparts store or does it have to be a certain one from a tool truck?

Mmc2011lm
I asked a mechanic shop in town & they said replace the coolant temp sensor & I doubled check with somebody else & they said thats right. I did that & it didnt work. Could the fuel pressure regulator be bad?

Mmc2011lm
I would recommend doing some testing. Replacing parts can waist a lot of money. Get the vacuum readings and fuel readings. If you can't rent them you might be better off paying a shop to do the testing

Djcl