WHAT IS CAUSING A SLIGHT VIBRATION IN MY DRIVETRAIN WHEN ACCELERATING.

1999 Honda Accord • 148 miles

99 Honda Accord V6, this started about two weeks ago while driving home from work. Stopped a a light when I took off felt like a (difficult to explain) "tuc tuc tuc". Not audible to the ear but felt it like on the drive train, when I let go off the accelelator it would subside. Next morning did not feel anything everything was normal until I drove 14 miles and it started again. It never starts right away when the car is cold, only after driving 15-18 miles and it feels worse when I hit the gas subsides when coasting.
The car has original drive axles & hub bearings, after a visual inspection on jacks this past weekend all the boots amazingly good not cracked. Attaching bolts and nuts seemed tight and in place. As far as end play I don't know what to look for on the axles. Visually everything looks fine on the suspension components.
Engine mounts are also original except for the side mount, I also checked them with my wife in the drivers seat and me under the hood, going into drive and reverse, you know the drill!
Wheels are Michelins with only 5K miles on it. No warning lights of any kind have been on. I highly suspect my drive axles but don't know how to check. I had this car since it had 21K miles and has been great, no previous accidents and even the paint still shines. Any suggestions in where to star looking? Have you seen this problem before. Please advice. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
Tony
Tony01

Couple things you can do, when itstarts to make noise, take to an empty parkinglot if you haveone around you. Drive in a left circle and see if the noise gets louder, then drive in a right circle. This will kind of test your wheel bearings, if you drive left the right one is bad or going bad if you drive right the opposite. Also if you hear the slight noise, turn your wheel slightly to one side and try to drive straight. If the noise goes away or vibration it is probably one of the axles. Which your just replacethe whole thing.

Hello, thanks for your prompt response. Today before I got to an empty lot I started doing it again. I had to get gas so in the way to the gas station I took advantage of a curving road. When turning slightly left while acelerating I would stop, turning right the rumbling continued. To my amasement after I stop for gas on the way to the empty lot is not doing it anymore. I thoght mechanical failures should not be intermittent. Might be safe to say perhaps is my right axle? Your thoghts! This is my fourth Honda and I have never seen a hub bearing failure. Thanks!

Tony01
I would say that it would be the right one to get checked to make sure. Look for a ripped/torn boot on that axle. Also have the wheel bearing checked, although it may not show anything.