I HAVE A BENT PUSHROD THAT WON'T COME OUT. DO I NEED TO TEAR IT DOWN TO REMOVE IT.

1999 Ford Windstar • 135,000 miles

I heard a tapping on the valve cover, after putting in Mystery marvel oil it did not go away. I took the valve cover off and noticed a loose pushrod. I removed the lifter and the pushrod seems bent and won't come out. What do I need to do.
Aceintx

It needs to come out. Can you force it out?

I've tried pulling it and it feels either too bent or something on the bottom is keeping it from coming out.

Aceintx
It may be stuck in a collapsed lifter, what engine is this? Normally there should be enough clearance to drag a bent push rod out, I am concerned about the lifter as well.

Mhpautos
3.8L V6 You may be right, because it feels like something is keeping it from coming out. Sounds like it will need to be opened up to get to these parts. I was trying to sell it since I don't drive it and this happens, now it is worth less since it needs more repairs than normal.

Aceintx
I took the head off and the pushrod was just bent, nothing was stuck on it. I straightened it and pulled it out. The lifter looks OK but I'm going to replace it. I will now replace the pushrod and lifter and put it back together. Thanks for the ideas and help.

Aceintx