A C ORIFICE TUBE LOCATION

1999 Ford Taurus

My ac has stopped cooling and I now know I have to replace the orifice tube. I need a diagram of location of orifice tube location on a 99 ford taurus dual over head cam v-6. So if you could help me find a diagram it would be great. Thank you
Legomom

A simple orifice tube is not going to solve any problems for you. If the tube is restricted, that means the compressor is coming apart and all the debris has likely clogged the condenser also. If you don't fix this right you can destroy the entire system.

Wrenchtech
I have some one looking at my car but we can not find the location of orifice tube. The compressor has been checked out and works fine. I only have to find where the orifice tube goes so we do not have pull more off the car searching for the location of orifice tube. If I could get a diagram of a c to orifice tube would help alot. I am in GA and it's very HOT in the summer and I can't go without a c.

Legomom
I'll remind you again that an orifice tube will not have a problem unless the system is contaminated and if you don't resolve the source of the contamination, your subsequent repair cost will be astronomical.

This particular vehicle doesn't have a replaceable tube. The tube is built into the liquid line that runs from the condenser to the evaporator and the entire line has to be replaced. The only way to see the tube is to cut the line open. Just the fact that your mechanic doesn't know this tells me that he is not experienced in AC whatsoever. I'm a tech in South Florida and I have specialized in A/C repairs for many years and do these every day.

Wrenchtech
Thank you for your advise and help, hope you have a good day.

Legomom
You're welcome. Good luck with it.

Wrenchtech