MISFIRE MON CYLINDER 2 AND 6

1999 Ford Ranger

Wow I dont even know where to start on this one-i have already talked to you about the problem i've had with this truck and all the things i've changed but now the check engine has come back on and its telling me cylinder 2 and 6 are misfiring again so do you think it is the injectors because I have changed the plugs and plug wires, coil, and checked the compression which is good and it ran fine for 1 week but now its showing 2 and 6 again

Barbara1963

You didn't say which engine you have but I can offer a few suggestions. Since you did the ignition coils or coil pack already and you suspect the injectors, try switching those from cylinders 2 and 6 with two from different cylinders, erase the fault codes, then see if codes set for those other cylinders instead that you moved the suspect injectors to.

If your engine uses an EGR valve, disable it or block the port to see if that solves the misfire. Some engines use a passage to each cylinder and those can become blocked. Those cylinders don't get any exhaust gas so they run fine. It's the cylinder(s) that aren't blocked that get the full volume of that inert gas. That displaces so much fresh air and fuel that they misfire.