FORD EXPLORER HEATER PROBLEM

1999 Ford Explorer • 127,000 miles

I have a V8 5.0L engine in a 99 ford explorer AWD, the heater control valve was broken. I live in a place with tropical weather, so my urgent need is to have colder air. Can I install a manual valve instead of the broken original vacuum operated one? Would it affect the engine's temperature if the manual valve is set to the closed position all the time. I have not found the replacement vacuum controlled heater valve in my country.

Kennethpino

IT IS NO PROBLEM INSTALLING A VALVE IN THE HEATER CORE'S LINE----YOU CAN PUT IT ANYWHERE IN THE SAME LINE THAT THE ORIGINAL VALVE IS IN

I HAVE A PIC OF ONE I INSTALLED IN MY JEEP----I STILL HAVE, AND USE THE ORIGINAL FACTORY HEATER, AND ONE I MADE MYSELF, FOR EXTRA HEAT.I HATE BEING COLD. THIS VALVE IS ON MY "EXTRA HEATER'S" FEED LINE. BELOW THE PASSENGER SEAT, BEFORE IT REACHES THE HEATER