99 STARTS THEN STALLS?

1999 Ford Contour • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 120,000 miles

1999 Ford Contour was running sluggish No CEL came on alternator light did come on. Replaced the Battery and the Alternator then the car would start and run fine but after a few moments would stall out. Took car to shop and they replaced plugs and wires. Car is still stalling out. Hooked up pressure gauge to fuel rail and pressure starts fine but after a few moments loses all pressure. Shop can not figure out whats wrong any ideas?
Poker85212

Fuel Filter was also replaced

Poker85212
Injector and fuel pressure regulator could be leaking dropping it-

How would I test that?

Poker85212
Take it back to the shop and have them check it for you

Went to the shop and they claim that the fuel pressure regulator was checked along with all the vacuum lines?

Poker85212
DOES CHECK ENGINE LIGHT WORK. ON, DURING START-UP?

Yes the check engine light does work no codes were stored according to the shop

Poker85212
I dont know if this helps at all but I just drove the car home from the shop and the car drives fine in 2 gear. It does have an automatic transmission and only stalls out in park and drive?

Poker85212
I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE---AIN'T YOUR CAR.....IT'S MY WIFES!

PRETTY MUCH THE SAME GADGET....PRETTY MUCH SAME LOCATION AT THROTTLE BODY INLET

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2005-ford-escape-rough-idle-at-low-rpm

THIS SHOULD BE A CINCH, TO REMOVE AND CLEAN!----I'M NOT SAYING TO RUSH OUT AND BUY ONE! (YOU CAN LATER, IF THIS IMPROVES THE SITUATION)

BUT FOR NOW, JUST CLEAN IT......SEND RESULTS BACK.....THIS WILL HURT NOTHIN', EVEN IF IT DOES NOT HELP!

THIS IS WHAT "YOURS" LOOKS LIKE, IF I PLUGGED IN THE CORRECT INFO AT THE TOP OF THIS LINK

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/1999-Ford-Contour/Idle-Air-Control-Valve/_/N-jde6aZ9gsof?filterByKeyWord=IAC&fromString=search

WE'RE PULLIN' FOR YOU!

YOUR TURN

I pulled the IAC off and cleaned and reinstalled and am having the same issue?

Poker85212
Page 1 of 2