OBD NOT WORKING ON 99

1999 Dodge Ram • 65,000 miles

I went to get an emmision test and the obd is not working
Keith hellin

How not working? "No communication"? Not delivering OBD data to scanner?

Rivermikerat
I was told it was not communicating(actually not working) but I hooked up an anillizer and it looked like it was communicating. The read out for the emmisions has no read out so I am not sure. The OBD plug has 12v between terminals 5&16 so I do not know where to look expecially since the anillizer (cheap one from parts store) showed it was communicating

Keith hellin
It does show OBD trouble codes and it passed but it faild on OBD diagonistic connector (whatever that means)

Keith hellin
I haven't had a smog license in quite some time. I'm going to ask one of my colleagues to peek in and give his opinion.

Rivermikerat
When an OBD scanner test tool is plugged into your vehicle, the monitors in the vehicle's computers send messages to the test tool indicating whether they are "ready" or "not ready" for OBD testing. If a monitor does not have enough information to pass or fail its assigned emissions component or system in the vehicle, a "not ready" or "incomplete" message is sent to the test tool. If too many monitors are set to "not ready, " a pass/fail OBD test decision cannot be made on your vehicle.

Asafeng
Cool. Advertising for another site. Very professional.

Rivermikerat
First check the cigarette lighter fuse that also controls the power to the DLC, and if the readiness monitors in the PCM haven't ran their course yet it Will fail

Shelly77