DODGE CARAVAN ENGINE PROBLEM

1999 Dodge Caravan • 210,000 miles

My cars check engine light came on then my whole car shut off I have already replaced starter battery. And ignition. Switch as I was driving everything was clicking radio speedometer. And that's when it died in replaced the alternator. With A 90 amp instead. Of a 120 car still won't start we ran the codes and no codes are coming up in have kids and I don't want to walk can you help please
Calvin1234

The starter and battery have nothing to do with engine stalling. The secret to knowing where to start was the Check Engine light. That meant a diagnostic fault code was set in the Engine Computer. It would have indicated the circuit or system that needed further diagnosis. Disconnecting the battery erased that from memory and that valuable information was lost. That's why you aren't getting any codes. If no codes are setting while cranking the engine there are two ways to proceed. One is to find a mechanic with a scanner that displays live data and view the camshaft position sensor and crankshaft position sensor status during cranking. They will be listed as "no" or "present". If either signal is missing the Engine Computer will not turn on the automatic shutdown (ASD) relay. That relay sends current to the ignition coil or coil pack, (you didn't list the engine size), injectors, fuel pump or pump relay, and alternator field.

You can also measure the voltage on that circuit to see if the ASD relay is turning on. It's usually a dark green / orange wire. You must see 12 volts for one second after turning on the ignition switch, then it must come back during engine rotation, (cranking or running). If it doesn't come back during cranking, suspect one of those two sensors.