CHRYSLER 300 STEERING PROBLEM

1999 Chrysler 300 • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 170,000 miles

I have a chrysler 300m 1999 the key wont turn over like if wrong key steering wheel locked what do I do?
Cely

Ok, since steering wheel is lock the most likely cause of your problem is the steering wheel being locked. What you need to do is turn the steering wheel hard to the right and try turning the key at same time.

.

Obxautomedic
AND if that dont work what else can I do? Is there a reset button on the car that can just reset everythin?

Cely
No, there is no reset button for that. If turn hard right doesn't work try turn to the left. If you cannot get it to release then you will need to have a garage take a look at it. The steering wheel may need to be removed in order to manually move the Unlocking Mechanism inside the Column.

.

Obxautomedic
Ok well the key doesnt turn either, what do you think that is?

Cely
The key won't turn do to the steering wheel being locked it has locked in a position that has placed the key switch in a hard bind which of course is preventing it from turning. And usually turning and holding the steering wheel hard to either the left or right and turning the key at the same time will usually unlock it.

Try it again and this time turn the key a little harder and see if it will unlock. Try both directions.

Make sure you are pulling on the steering wheel hard to either right or left while turning key.

.

Obxautomedic
I get what your saying, I been trying it and it just wont budge. Is there anything else I can do?

Cely
Hello, did you get the problem fixed/ If so what was it?

Obxautomedic