CADILLAC ESCALADE AMPLIFIER PROBLEM

1999 Cadillac Escalade • 4WD Automatic • 100,000 miles

I have a 99 escalade and it has the bose system in it the stereo comes on and works but it does not put out any sound when I cross wire it threw the wiring harness it puts out sound butas soon as I take it out it does not work anymore but when I was cross wiring it I was using a after market stereo cause the factory one woud not let yoou cross wire it due to the protecton on it can you please help

Heather-n-ky

I don't understand the 'cross wiring' aspect. If you wire in an aftermarket stereo and it plays, you could have a faulty radio producing no audio outputs to the amplifier. A faulty amplifier would also be suspect, but if changing a stereo causes audio, it confirms the amplifier is functional. The amplifier is powered by the cigar lighter fuse in the i/p fuse block, that is worth a check as well.

Factoryjack
No when we coss wire it is is not threw the amp so with the bose system u have to run threw the amp or it sounds like a cracker box oh it sounds offeal so we cross wire on the out put side of the amp where all the speakers run to the pug in harness.
I need to see if anyone else has had this problem and what did they do to fix it

Heather-n-ky