HELLO THERE..!MY KEEPS SHOWING ME THAT MY ENGINE IS HEATING UP AND THEN SHUTS DOWN. BUT EVERY OTHER THING SEEMS ALRIGHT REALLY...PLEASE HELP

1999 Cadillac Deville

Engine over heating and shuts down.
Kanuma007

Is radiator cooling fan working? When does it overheat?

Fixitmr
I think the radiator cooler works perfect, n there was a hose that busted n started leakin out radiator fluid but I fixed and everything but the car keeps showing engine overheating n shuts down. I'm confused

Kanuma007
Maybe there's air in system? Did it overheat when hose leaked?

Fixitmr
Yeah that's when it's started but after I got the hose fixed it the engine keeps overheating n shuts down.

Kanuma007
You need to run a pressure test and if there is no leaks bleed the cooling system

Mikederouin88
Can I please get some tips on how to bleed the cooling system of a 1999 Cadillac system? I appreciate that.

Kanuma007
*1999 Cadillac Deville*

Kanuma007
Supposed to self bleed thru small hose ontop of bottle. Check to see it's not plugged. Some people perform bleeds by raising front of car so bottle is highest point on motor compartment then run until hot and let cool down cold. Done. Check level of coolant in bottle and drive.

Fixitmr