PLEASE HELP MY

1998 Saturn SC2 • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 150,000 miles

1998 Saturn sc2 every once in a while turn key one click turn key again one click than next time stars battery and alt fine please help
Mzdman

Bad starter

Dopa99
It started after I hit a bump and my stereo fried. I had loose connections on starter the positive nut was almost all the way unthreaded I just bought starter putting it in tomorrow hope it helps thanks

Mzdman
Would I starter do it intermittently cause can go all day no issues than all of a sudden it does it

Mzdman
If your large positive battery cable was loose on the starter I would have started by tightening that up and see if it started every time after that. Sound's like it was just a loose cable. Could save you the cost of the starter. Let me know what you find.

I tightened all battery connections at all points. Went fine for 2 days did it again yesterday and not today. Starter?

Mzdman
Do you have a test light or a multimeter?If so next time the starter doesn't work see if the little purple wire to the starter is getting power with the key in the start position. If it is then you have a bad starter. Let me know what you find.