98

1998 Saturn SC2 • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 160,000 miles

My motor shakes and the first cylnders dont have any fire when you put it in nutural it stops shaking real bad I replaced the motor mount but the motor still shakes
Jamey09

So are you saying you have a miss fire?Any code's?

No it doesnt sputter, I did the engine compression the first one said 0 psi the other 3 psi (sparkplugs) the reading was 119 auto zone said the same thing there wasnt no spark there new sparkplugs and wires

Jamey09
If you have 0psi compression on cylinder 1 and 119psi on the rest of the cylinder's I don't see how the engine is running at all. Are you sure you did the compression test right?

Yes I did the test right. It seems like if I did it wrong the others would not read as high

Jamey09
If you have 0psi on cylinder 1 that is called a dead hole it doesn't have enough compression to run. Also 119psi on the rest is way too low of compression. You want to see at least 175psi compression on each cylinder. The way your supposed to check for compression is first blow into the gauge side of the compression tester hose and make sure the valve on the other end doesn't leak air. Then take out all the spark plug's pull the injector and dis fuse in the under hood fuse box. Then start with number 1 cylinder screw the compression hose into the cylinder hook up the gauge. Then hold the gas pedal all the way to the floor and crank the engine over counting ten rotation's of the engine. Then do the same on the other 3 cylinder's. Is that how you checked for it?If so then you have to figure out why the compression is so low.