FLYWHEEL REPLACEMENT

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 110,000 miles

My car was makin a loud clicking noise and grinded really loud when I started it up. I had it looked at and was told it was my flywheel. How do replace the flywheel and what would I need? (98 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 3100 SFI V6)
SonicTronics

The entire transaxle would have to be removed to access the flywheel which is no simple task and requires some special equipment to do. This is probably something you should leave to a professional.

Wrenchtech
Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. Is there someplace I can get a manual or watch a video to do this myself because this is a costly repair. Im pretty car literate but have never dealt with removing a transmission. Any additional information pertaining to this would be greatly appreciated.

SonicTronics
Again, this requires the use of equipment that you do not have. The engine has to be supported from above while the transaxle is removed from below. Removing the transmission from a front wheel drive car involves considerable disassembly. You can purchase a service manual at most any auto parts store.

Wrenchtech