PLYMOUTH VOYAGER COOLANT PROBLEM

1998 Plymouth Voyager • 226,000 miles

Engine will overheat sporadically. New water pump and thermostat with no improvement. I can stop and turn it off, and the coolant is boiling in the reservoir. After only 15 or 20 minutes, I can re-start it, and the temperature will return to normal, maybe climb again shortly, or stay normal. I even tried running without a thermostat with no improvement, so I put another new one in, just to be sure. Both radiator fans seem to be working OK.
Kenholley

Flush out the radiator and then bleed the cooling system and see what happens-Continue to overheat-have it chemically tested-

Thank you for your response. I just had the water pump installed last week, which would have pretty much drained the system, I guess. They used 2 gallons of coolant to refill it. Wasn't a flush, though. I'll try that. I've never heard of the chemical testing. What chemical and test for what?

Kenholley
They call it Bloc Chek its liquid that turns to different color when it indicates a blown headgasket-

Refer to this link: http://www.blockchek.com/

Thank you, if the head gasket were blown, wouldn't I see water in the oil or oil in the coolant?

Kenholley
Have you tried bleeding it out? If not do it and see what happens