MERCURY MOUNTAINEER BLOWER MOTOR PROBLEM

1998 Mercury Mountaineer • 160,000 miles

My heater works but on blows out at a low setting weather in set it to high or low but my rear one works just fine
Carlosfernandez

Can you please rephrase your question?

When I turn on the heater it blows out as if it is on the lows setting when I turn it up it still blows out low. My rear unit blows out high and low.

Carlosfernandez
While I drive the faster I go it seems to blow out a little faster but really no change. I can only feel it when I put my hands on the vent.

Carlosfernandez
The air flow is low. If the blower motor noise changes when setting is increased it means air restriction in the air flow circuit. Check the cabin filter if equipped.

I will check now and see if that is the problem thanks for the response

Carlosfernandez
No cabin air filter. The noise cant tell any different

Carlosfernandez
Since the blower fan motor is not responding to the control, it could be a failing fan motor, a fault with the blower motor switch controller.

Is your HVAC system manual or automatic?

Not sure, I tested my power to the blower and it is getting power if that helps.

Carlosfernandez
Automatic means the control panel has a function for Auto.

Seems the notification has a problem and I am not being nootified of any replies.