1998 Lincoln Continental Repair Question
Replace radiator fan motor/98 Lincoln Continental
You have to first remove the radiator. Here are the instructions for that.
1. Disconnect the battery ground cable.
2. Drain the engine cooling system.
3. Remove engine air cleaner (ACL).
4. Remove the upper radiator hose from the water bypass tube.
5. Remove the bolt and the upper LH radiator support.
6. Remove the bolt and the upper RH radiator support.
7. Remove the radiator overflow hose from the radiator.
8. Remove the upper radiator hose and two clips from the fan shroud.
9. Remove the transmission fluid cooler lines from the fluid cooler inlet and outlet fittings.
10. Disconnect the engine control sensor wiring from the auxiliary electric cooling fan motor.
11. Remove the nuts retaining A/C condenser core to the radiator.
NOTE : Support the A/C condenser core and bracket.
12. Raise the vehicle on a hoist.
13. Remove the radiator air deflector.
14. Remove the lower radiator hose from the radiator.
15. Remove the four bumper cover pushpins.
16. Remove the retaining screws for the power steering/transmission fluid cooler and position the cooler aside.
17. Support the fan shroud, radiator and the radiator support.
18. Remove the three bolts and the LH radiator support.
19. Remove the three bolts and the RH radiator support.
20. Lower and remove the fan shroud, radiator and the radiator support from the vehicle.
21. Remove the upper radiator hose from radiator.
22. Remove the two bolts and the fan shroud from the radiator.
14,732 answers provided