LINCOLN CONTINENTAL DEALER PROBLEM

1998 Lincoln Continental • 81,000 miles

My question is about a 1998 Lincoln Continental. Concerning a front end alignment issue.

When I took my car to a Ford/Lincoln/Mercury dealership to have my car front end aligned. The caster & toe were set within specifications, but the camber wasn't. The camber specs for this vehicle is: -0.0 to -.04 When I looked at the alignment printout, I noticed that the CASTER & TOE were within factory specs, but CAMBER was not. The right side camber was -0.6 while the right side was -1.4, both not within factory specs.

I asked the manager why was the camber not put within specifications. He said, that in order to put it back into specification. The strut towers would have to be drilled. He also stated that he did not recommend this procedure & that proper rotation of the tires ( every 5000 miles ) should be all that is needed.

Could you tell me if this is a line of 'bull' & if drilling the strut towers is the proper procedure. Also, if it is the proper procedure. Could any structural damage or handling problems occur if this procedure is done incorrectly?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Mike

I agree with the service amanger. It is not out too far at all. A little negative but with proper rotation, it should be fine

as far as the drilling, yes, it is the way to do it but it is expensive but it will keep the alignment perfect if that is what you are looking for.
It does not and will not effect your handling at all. The front frame has sagged from age and wear and that is why the camber is the way it is.