LEXUS GS 300 ENGINE PROBLEM

1998 Lexus GS 300 • 180,000 miles

How to replace alt relay
Ronaldkamarrflint

There is no alt relay. What is the issue?

You don't have a relay in the charging system circuit-what's the problem here?

Once again, great minds work together, LOL

The fuseable link for the alt is bad I am trying replace it.I wanna know is it bolted in from the bottom

Ronaldkamarrflint
Your shot-we're waiting and be specific of the problem - Roy, I thought I was fast but you're faster then a speeding bullet-lol you have a nice weekend my friend c u later

If you need the Charge System EWD I got it prepared ready to be send

Make sure you replace the alt or look for a ground in the heavy red wire. The link blows for a reason.

REMOVAL

REMOVE ENGINE UNDER COVER

REMOVE DRIVE BELT Loosen the belt tension by turning the drive belt tensioner clockwise, and remove the drive belt.
NOTE: At the time of installation, please refer to the following items. Do an on-vehicle inspection.

3. REMOVE GENERATOR
Disconnect the generator connector.

Remove the rubber cap and nut, and disconnect the generator wire.

Disconnect the engine wire clamp from the wire clip on the generator.
Remove the bolt and pipe clamp, and disconnect the 2 A/T oil cooler pipes from the generator.

Remove the bolt, nut, pipe bracket and generator. Torque: 40 N.M (400 kgf. Cm, 30 ft. Lbf)
INSTALLATION
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.

My son change his battery in his car the wrong way now the lights dont work trans want shift into gear nothing electrical is working but the car starts up I looked at the fuseable link for the alt and it was broke.

Ronaldkamarrflint

Ronaldkamarrflint